Pages

Wednesday, June 1, 2011

La Zurich Swiss Western Cuisine Restaurant


     Last few weeks when I passed by Menjalara, I saw an eye catching new restaurant, apparently it is a Swiss Western cuisine restaurant, well my dad was once worked in a Swiss hotel, and he is experienced in Swiss cuisine and all the old school table manner on the western table. So I guess must pay a visit to this restaurant with dad and try new things out *blink* ...and also to check it out whether it is original Swiss cuisine or it is just a marketing approach



      Tonight we paid a visit and had dinner there, environment is fine, menu is kinda ordinary western food = = steak, fish & chips, lamb blah blah and pasta etc not really special as expected. But price is not cheap for beef and lamb (appoximately RM 30-RM50).  Food that was ordered:


Grilled Chicken with Rosemary Sauce (RM 15.80) *Rosemary is one of my favorite herbs*
Hmm..what can I say, the taste was not what I expected. I really have to say the way I cook rosemary chicken is nicer lol. Well, I used to marinate the chicken with rosemary and other ingredients before I grilled it, and when you grill the chicken with rosemary, it is awesome! The rosemary favor will be so matching with the chicken, however they didn't really marinate the chicken with it, the rosemary was just like "garnish" on top of the grilled chicken with some dark brown sauce = =



Grilled Chicken with Mixed Herbs (RM 14.80)
The way they grilled same as mentioned above, but one value-added point is they use fresh mixed herbs for this and they herbs will not go too strong, just mild and just nice.



Fish & Chip (RM 15.80)
 ......I don't really like the fish was deep fried in that way, like shattered into few pieces lol Another weird point is, it was served with spinach...it is seldom to see green veggie with fish and chips and it is spinach, out of sudden I think of the Korean side dish sigeumchi namul lol....Presentation not good in that way, anyway the presentation of 3 main course also wasn't up to what I expected.

      Maybe what we ordered was not their specialty, the waitress recommended Grilled Chicken with Brandy, said it is their special, but none of us seems interested lol

Cherry Jubilee
       Lastly, the dessert was served, it is a promotion where you spend over Rm50 , dessert will be serve f.o.c. It was a Cherry Jubilee, my dad mentioned the name before the waitress did. He said this was his most familiar dessert that he made during his time in hotel, and everyday not sure how much he made and serve this dish to the customer lol die also couldn't forget how to cook this lol well I'm really looking forward him to teach me how to make this fantastic dessert!

      According to the waitress, red wine was used in the recipe, but according to my dad's old school recipe, not only red wine was used, it is more than red wine, as brandy and some other specific food name which I don't read them lol  Just wait, one day I'll try this recipe out. Muahaha~!!!  Perhaps, the most satisfying dish tonight, is the Cherry Jubilee. Cherry cherry Boom Boom~!

p/s: where is my significant Swiss cuisine Rosti and cheese steamboat??

No comments: