Pages

Sunday, December 2, 2012

Canon 24



I saw an ambulance stopped near my house,
and the neighbours spread into a crowd.
I was away in school,
and they didn’t tell me the truth.

I keep holding strong,
knowing the worst yet to be.
I keep holding it,
because I know it won’t be too long.

It is now December,
as if I’m back to the olden days,
It is hard to forget,
that I’m a poker player.

She could be in her kitchen,
making her own secret lemonade.
She could be combing her hair,
and ready for a shopping spree,
unaware of my ill story to be told.

The words that I couldn’t say,
I couldn’t breathe in a hot summer air.
The facts that I wish she knew,
just as rare as her sweet lemon dew.

Days after days,
words and stanzas along my way.
Years after years,
wander sorrow yet to be shared.

No comments: